FULLY FUNDED SCHORSHIPS IN GERMANY FOR MASTERS DEGREE
Looking for funding to study, carry out research, or learn German in Germany? Look no further than DAAD Scholarships.
The DAAD Scholarship program offers support to talented and needy students, with a wide range of organizations in Germany accepting applications for scholarships. Scholarship holders are selected based on academic, social, or personal characteristics, with subject-related scholarships also available from research institutions, companies, and private individuals.
As the world’s largest funding organization of its kind, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe every year.
The DAAD Scholarship program is highly prestigious, providing funding to outstanding students and researchers from around the world to study or conduct research in Germany. Scholarships are available for undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. students, as well as postdoctoral researchers and faculty members in a variety of fields, including engineering, natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and fine arts.
Funded by the German government, the program aims to promote international academic exchange and cooperation, providing successful applicants with a monthly allowance to cover living expenses, health insurance, travel expenses, and in some cases, tuition fees.
The application process can be highly competitive, with applicants typically required to have a high level of academic achievement and research potential, as well as proficiency in the German language and a strong motivation to study or conduct research in Germany.
WHO CAN APPLY
DAAD scholarships are primarily aimed at graduates, doctoral students, and postdocs, with some programs also funding internships for practical experience outside of academia. Grants for a full doctoral program in Germany are offered primarily to applicants from developing and threshold countries.
Eligibility for the DAAD Scholarship varies depending on the specific program, with application deadlines typically between August and November each year. German language proficiency is often required, but there are also programs available for non-German speakers in natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics.
You can apply if you have completed your first degree (e.g. Bachelor’s or Diploma) at the latest by the time the funding period begins.
Please note: For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programs: Music, Fine Art/Design/Film, Performing Art, Architecture
- Application Procedure: The application procedure for the DAAD scholarship program involves submitting an online application, along with supporting documents such as academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a research proposal. Shortlisted candidates may also be invited for an interview.
- Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility criteria for the DAAD scholarship vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, in general, applicants should have completed their previous degree(s) with excellent grades, have relevant research experience, and demonstrate a strong motivation to study or conduct research in Germany.
- Application Deadlines: The application deadlines for the DAAD scholarship program also vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, in general, the application deadlines are between August and November of each year.
- Language Requirements: German language proficiency is often required for many DAAD scholarship programs. However, there are also scholarship programs available for applicants who do not speak German, particularly in the fields of natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics.
- Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the DAAD scholarship varies depending on the specific scholarship program. However, in general, scholarships are awarded for periods ranging from 1 to 36 months.
- If you wish to apply for a DAAD scholarship, please read the call for applications for your chosen scholarship programme in the scholarship database, paying particular attention to application deadlines. The scholarship database will take you to the application portal. Scholarship applications are reviewed by independent and voluntary selection committees, which also decide on the allocation of scholarships. Selection is based on subject-related criteria.
BENEFITS FROM THE PROGRAM
Scholarship payments include 934 euros per month
payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover, and additional benefits such as monthly rent subsidies
allowances for accompanying family members or disabilities.
Applicants should read the call for applications in the scholarship database and pay attention to selection criteria, which are subject-related.
Overall, the DAAD scholarship program is a fantastic opportunity for students and researchers to gain valuable international experience and advance their academic and professional careers. Click here to know more
Click Here to Get Assistance For Your Application >>